Silicon chemical vapor deposition on macro and submicron powders in a fluidized bed - Archive ouverte HAL Access content directly
Conference Papers Year : 2007

Silicon chemical vapor deposition on macro and submicron powders in a fluidized bed

Abstract

Titanium oxide (TiO2) submicron powders have been treated by Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) in a vibro fluidized bed in order to deposit silicon layers of nanometer scale on each individual grain from silane (SiH4). Experimental results show that for the conditions tested, the original granular structure of the powders is preserved for 90% of the initial bed weight while the remaining 10% consisted of agglomerates in millimetre range found near the grid of the reactor. A comparison between experimental and modelling results using the MFIX code shows that for Geldart’s group B alumina particles (Al2O3), the model represents both the bed hydrodynamics and silane conversion rates quite well. The future objective is to extend the simulation capability to cohesive submicron powders
Fichier principal
Vignette du fichier
Cadoret_2712.pdf (322.58 Ko) Télécharger le fichier
Origin : Files produced by the author(s)

Dates and versions

hal-04090053 , version 1 (05-05-2023)

Identifiers

  • HAL Id : hal-04090053 , version 1
  • OATAO : 2712

Cite

Loic Cadoret, Nicolas Reuge, Sreekanth Pannala, Madhava Syamlal, Cécile Rossignol, et al.. Silicon chemical vapor deposition on macro and submicron powders in a fluidized bed. Science et Technologie des Poudres et Matériaux Frittés STP 2007, May 2007, Albi, France. pp.1-7. ⟨hal-04090053⟩
24 View
12 Download

Share

Gmail Facebook X LinkedIn More